5 benefits of lean muscle:
- Lean strong muscles helps increase your metabolism to help burn more calories. The EPOC effect (Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption)
- Reduces the risk of injury, an individualised strength program and their key movements for their sport can also address any weaknesses or dysfunction they may have.
- Increases bone mineral density in both younger and older adults which can reduce the risk of arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Being stronger can improve your lactate threshold, thus increase the high intensity you can maintain during continuous exercise.
- Improves cardiovascular health through reducing blood pressure and improving your blood lipid levels (increasing HDL: good cholesterol, lowering LDL bad cholesterol)
Head Coach Andy has been in health and fitness since 2007, working with the general population and sports specific athletes. Andy has a wealth of knowledge with weight loss, strength and conditioning, rehabilitation and high intensity training.
For more information on our S&C coaching sessions email firstname.lastname@example.org